Bamurru Plains - Your Kit List
What you need to bring on your Northern Territory/Top End ‘Fishing Safari’ -
The dress code at Bamurru Plains is mostly casual, certainly out on the airboats or the river boats the dress code is very much a casual affair! It is important that you are comfortable throughout the day and we have provided a list of ‘what to bring items’ for your convenience –
- Lightweight T-shirt and shorts
- Best shoes to have on-board are the Crocs, but jandals or sneakers are also good.
- Long sleeve shirts for sun protection
- Suntan lotion is provided on - board but if you have your preferred brand then pack it!
- Insect repellant - we recommend Bushman's
- Polarised sunnies are preferable but any good pair of sunglasses will do.
- HAT - wide brimmed
- A face scarf is quite a good idea for those really hot sunny days
- Lip balm for sun – a zinc based cream is recommended for the lips and nose
- Camera (Optional) but as most of our fishing is on a “Catch & Release” basis; it will be the best way to share your record catch with your friends
- If you do have your own preferred fishing gear you are most welcome to bring it
Otherwise all fishing gear and equipment is provided as are all refreshments, plenty of drinking water, snacks and (on full day trips) lunch. If you do have dietary requirements please advise at the time of booking. Likewise if you have any medical conditions that we should be aware of please advise when booking.
Around the Lodge
- Light clothing is more suitable in the tropical climate. Long sleeves will offer better protection against the sun and mosquitoes, which appear at sunset.
- A wide brimmed hat
- Light walking boots or trainers for bush walks
Fishing Safaris as well as Bamurru Plains long sleeve and short sleeve shirts as well as peak caps are available to purchase at the lodge on arrival. Or these can be ordered and posted to you prior to your departure.
For corporate fishing groups it is also possible to pre-order this apparel with the company logo and personal names printed alongside the Wild Bush Luxury logo.